Due to construction activity, the Duke Energy Children's Museum is closed and will reopen on May 4, 2018.
Enhance your students' learning!
Bringing your group to the museum or special exhibition? Enhance your visit by investigating topics such as dinosaurs, world cultures, archaeology and economics in our interactive labs that inspire all ages to learn and participate. Labs are designed for pre-kindergarten through grade 12.
If a class listing outside of your students’ grade fits into your curriculum, please let us know, as we are able to modify most programs!
Click here to see how our programs align with the Ohio Revised Academic Science and Social Studies Standards as well as the Next Generation Science Standards and National Social Studies Academic Standards.
- Advance reservations are required for all groups.
- The chaperone ratio for preschool through grade 5 is 1:5 ; grade 6 and up is 1:10.
- Changing your scheduled activities when you check-in will incur cancellation penalties. Call if your plans change.
- Book as far in advance as possible. Reservations for museum programs close two weeks out.
- Payment by credit card, check or purchase order is required two weeks in advance.
- Confirmation materials are emailed at the time of reservation.
Early Childhood Learning Labs
- Tuesday through Friday, beginning on the hour and half-hour starting at 9:30 a.m.
- 45 minutes, maximum 25 students per lab.
- Click here to see full Early Childhood Learning Lab descriptions.
Primary & Secondary Learning Labs